Thursday 12 September 2013

SAL 2013

Hello my friends.
Time to sit and see what I`ve completed with Chookyblues SAL 2013.
A long post.
We used these three books in our SAL with different projects each month from one of these books.
`Some Kind of Wonderful` by Anni Downs,
`Red Home` by Natalie Bird,
`Tis the Season` by Natalie Bird.
These three books where already on my book shelf.
Most of the projects the fabrics and threads came out of my cupboards.


January I made: Thread catcher from `Red Home` book. 
Then using `cotton reel` pattern
from my `perpetual calender of 365 quilt blocks` I put together a bigger one.
This holds my block rolls when not in use or ready for gifts.
It has been a lovely storage container. 


February: From the same book `True Friends Tote`
I used `ABC cat art work` pattern page 47.
I can hold quite a lot in here :)


March: Some Kind of Wonderful book was this little pin cushion.
There are pins in this now.  


April: Tis the Season wall hanging.
Put away with the Christmas things.
This will be lovely hung up.


May : Another from Some Kind of Wonderful book.
Anni Downs bag.
This side of the bag was stitch patterns from 
`My Favorite Things ` quilt from last years SAL.


This side is the pattern that the bag had.
I use this every time I go out.
Love using it.


June: Back to the `Red Home` book and another delightful pincushion.


July : Tis the Seasons hexagon bag.
I put pockets inside and will use as my purse in December.


August: Anni downs book again and this useful sewing case.
Waiting for a project to come won`t say what it is but I can`t wait till that arrives.


September: The same book and a new needle book for me.
Can`t have enough of these!


So now that my needle case is done, so is my part in this years SAL.
I am pleased to have completed so many projects but sad it has come to an end.
Hope to complete more of other things before the end of the year.
Thank you  Chookyblue and Susan for this SAL.
Before I end this visiting time I have joined Chookyblue and her chief elf  Googy Girl
for SSCS 2013. Some secret sewing will be on the go.
Hope you enjoyed your visit and love the comments I get, feels like you have come.
Thank you.
Happy Stitching,
Clare.

11 comments:

  1. Wow everything is super sweet...I love the cute pin cushion ...all the bags a d at the end needle book..
    All so sweet..
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing all your SAL projects in one post is amazing. Every one of them is gorgeous. Love how you've personalized them too. You must be thrilled to bits will all your new goodies. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous projects, lots of wonderful finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your SAL projects are really lovely.. Well done at being finished already. I am still working on my needle case.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely projects!
    Great work!

    Nice week-end, Evelyne

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have had a wonderful SAL year Clare, sadly I am a little behind for the last two months. Glad you are also taking part in SSCS again, it's so much fun isn't it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It certainly was a great SAL year, so many beautiful creations!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  8. all your projects look wonderful...........please feel free to share a post like this wrapping up the projects on the SAL blog........it's great seeing each months projects in one post.........

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is your best post ever, Clare! Love, love, love all the finished projects. I can't decide but my favorite is either the True Friends tote or the hexagon bag.

    I have the Red Home book and the Some Kind of Wonderful book but haven't finished anything from them :(
    Good news is that I am starting a quilt from the Red Home book later this month as a class with my local quilt store!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow just love all of your projects, well dont for keeping u,p with them, they really do look fabulous

    ReplyDelete