Wednesday 23 May 2018

Tote & Gloat

Hello my friends.
A couple of weekends ago my eldest daughter
and I joined in with a bus load of ladies to go to 
Palmerston North for 
Tote & Gloat.
To see quilts,shopping at stalls, hear and meet the quest speaker
Lynette Anderson.
Part of this was to make a block unfinished 12 1/2.
Theme `Transport`.
 As Lynette Anderson was the quest speaker mine was
from her book
`It`s Quilting Cats & Dogs`.
`Photo Album`block.


A close up of dog and cat.


Also the bird in it`s cage on top of car.


This my daughters block.
A Bee Tree design.


She buttonholed the shapes on by hand.


And the embroidery was hand stitched too.



I didn`t get photos of the other blocks. 
All up for this there where 38 blocks.
Our bus left at 4pm so wasn`t there at the finish.
A bit sad about that. 
There where over 500 tickets sold to attend.
A few of the quilts on display.


I did get to meet with Lynette Anderson but forgot 
to get a photo. I was pleased to give here a block roll.


A little more on sampler,watching post for rods to come.


A little start on this one.
I used a wet tea bag to sponge colour to match design.
Using called for threads.


These where delivered to me yesterday.
From a sister-in-law in regards to Mum`s passing.
It has been three months.
Well best get on.
Happy Stitching,
Clare.

1 comment: