Thursday 17 May 2018

I have been stitching

Hello my friends.
It has been awhile but
I have been stitching. Some has been gifts.
This one is the `Circle of Friends` kit.


I stitched it for my friend Katrina but has become a belated birthday gift,
which she received from me yesterday. 


I also put in this lovely pattern of Lynette Anderson`s
for Katrina to make.
`Mushroom Corner` 
A trifold mini organiser pattern. 


This is the back of the thread board.
I used felt and wool stuffing so her needles can be 
place here while using with a project.
The rings are to hold floss.


My start as I have joined in with a SAL to do 
`Sarah Braizear 1829` sampler.
I am working on Lambswool 35 count linen,
with DMC threads.
A helpful book mark to help with each page.


A little more progress.
As the fabric is 36 " piece. Design area 27.06 " x 26.78" so quite large.
 I have ordered E-Z stitch rods
Waiting for them to come.:)
I do not want to damage my satin stitch.
These next three blocks are for 
`Whimsical Woodland` mystery quilt by
The Country Yard.


I stitched whipped chain for umbrella handles,
Satin stitch,french and colonial knots plus back stitch.


Threads are Cottage Garden `Golden Gully` 
and Aurifil Thread -colour 2230 - Ne 12


Some more to show but will make that another post.
Happy Stitching,
Clare.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice Projects. They look great.
    martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous projects - lovely to see your Whimsical Woodland blocks, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you have been stitching.....
    I sure your friend will love that gift ......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful projects Clare. Your stitching is always sew pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely projects! The Friends one came out so well, and your sampler is looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete