Saturday 27 April 2013

Home again

Hello my friends please come for a visit with me.
This month has nearly gone.
I`ve been working on some secret stitching which is nearly there.
I`ve completed my SAL for April a TTS wall hanging and blogged on that.
Also I had a flight to Christchurch for a weeks visit with my sister 
who lives an hours drive from there.
Last time I was down there it was so different as we came home only a few days 
before the first Earthquake.
What a change and so eerie in places with no traffic and damaged buildings
or they have been removed. 


This was as near as I could get to the Cathedral 
from the street we were on.


A building in progress of being repaired.


A container cafe and below one of the shops.


A mini car stuck to the side of a building.


Where the buildings  have been demolished there are 
designs painted so it doesn`t look so bare.


This one of `Noah`s Ark`


Over the weekend my sister and I went to 
Anni Downs two day workshop.
Anni and I together. Thankyou  Anni and Racheal of
 `Annies Country Quit Store`. I really enjoyed my self
and learnt a few new techniques  which will not only help with
 projects Anni gave me but also some others I`ve
been working on. 


 I`m showing you only part of one of the projects Anni 
had for us to do.


Here is part of my progress.
Paper pieced hexagons and wool applique.


This post has become quite long so will show some 
of my shopping and further progress in another post.
Thankyou for visiting and hope you will join me again next time.
Happy stitching,
Clare.

8 comments:

  1. Aww sweet project and cute pictures..
    Lots of love for you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved seeing Christchurch being rebuilt.
    Enjoy your hexies too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am so happy to Christchurch coming back to life.

    Your hexies are beautiful looking forward to seeing them grow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a lovely time in Christchurch. And Anni's class too. Wonderful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Clare, Sorry I haven't commented for awhile but I don't seem to have you on my readers list anymore????
    Good to see the Christchurch is being rebuilt...
    Pleased you had a good time at Annii Downs workshop. Lovely projects you worked on.
    Hugz
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. so glad you got to meet Anni...........I had seen the project you were going to make before she left.........it's a great one........love it.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a lovely time, that project looks gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh lovely project and also nice pic of you with Anni

    ReplyDelete