Tuesday 5 June 2012

following on

Hello my stitching friends.
Following on from my last post here`s the third month of my Mystery 2012 Quilt from `The Country Yard`. Month four will be here as the time seems to be going so quickly. Looking forward to seeing what that will be.


Mittens,scraves and snow drop border sitting on top of two rows of triangle block squares and part of month two showing at the top of photo. I find if I get my light box with my cutting board and cutter on the day this arrives I complete this quite quickly.
I have finished `Mystery Quilt 2011` only the quilting to go. Will show that when finished.



A close up of  `Primitive Mothers Day` by `the little stitcher`. I changed the colours of this little freebie for my Mum for Mothers day. The bottom photo shows the true colours.
 Our Mothers Day was the 13th of May this year. It was lovely to hear my Mum talk of sharing Mothers Day with my Dads birthday in their early years of marriage. He had an accident when I was a baby and died of his injuries so was nice for Mum to go down memory lane with me. I love those special times.


Six blocks stiched six to do of my `Tis The Season` Lovely to stitch when a good movie is on. When out at my favorite quilt shops I keep looking for the fabric to have as borders and backing for this quilt. There is enough of the red print for binding.


I thought  that I would show a close up of the mice block with their whiskers added. This also shows my stitching fabric with the spots.
Well thankyou for visiting. I do so enjoy your comments,
Till next time,
Happy stitching,
Clare. 

No comments:

Post a Comment