Saturday 2 June 2012

Beginning of Winter

Hello everyone.
Our Winter is beginning but today is lovely with the sun shining,only a cool breeze.Winter is a time of stitching in front of a cosy fire.
 Have caught up on some chores that had been on hold while finishing or more progress on my stitching.
I`ve joined `The Country Yard`s Mystery 2012 Quilt.


The fabric and pattern for part one came in this lovely bag. The ladies wrap them up like parcels. My daughter Celeste thinks my birthday presents are coming through the year. So funny.


This how I`ve put block one together. The thread that was in the bag is Aurifil 12 #3817 and goes well with the strip fabric. Great choice ladies.



Some nine patch blocks to go with the acorns and leaves for block two. Will be a lovely Autumn quilt  when complete.
 I have finished block three but really slow down loading photo so will show at next posting as Hubby`s wanting to go out.
Happy Stitching everyone and thanks for visiting. Please come again.
Clare.

2 comments:

  1. Its looking lovely Clare, the threads are such a pretty colour. It's such fun to start a new project ....... I hope you're having a nice stitchy long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely new project and the bag looks great too. Beautiful stitching Clare!

    ReplyDelete